TARGET SHOPPING SPREE COMPETITION 2023
Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is DeGroup of Level 12, 100 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000 (DeGroup). Contact number is (03) 7378 0400
2. Only residents of Australia aged 18 years of age or older (Participant) are eligible for the Competition.
3. The following person(s) are ineligible to enter the Competition:
a) any retailer within Somerville Central;
b) the Promoter; and
c) the Promoter’s related bodies corporate (as that expression is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), and associated agencies, companies and contractors; or
d) members of the Immediate Families of the employees referred to below.
Immediate family means any of: a spouse or domestic partner, ex- spouse or ex-domestic partner, de-facto spouse or ex-de-facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
4. The Competition commences at 8:00am on Monday, 13 February 2023 and closes at 5:00pm on Sunday, 26 February 2023 (Competition Period). The Promoter may extend the Competition Period at its sole discretion (Extended Competition Period). Details of any Extended Competition Period will be posted on https://www.somervillecentral.com.au/ References in these terms and conditions to the Competition Period include any Extended Competition Period, where applicable.
5. There is one (1) prize available to be won. The prize details are as follows:
1. A shopping spree inside Target at Somerville Central, 49 Eramosa Road West, Somerville, VIC 3912. The shopping spree will occur at 8:30am on Saturday, 4 March 2023. The winner must be available on this date and time or risk forfeiting their prize. A proxy can be arranged, however, details need to be provided in advance to Centre Management.
2. All goods grabbed by the winner(s) will be paid for by the landlord listed in section one
3. The rules of the shopping spree are as follows:
1. The duration of the shopping spree will allow for two (2) minutes
2. Within this time, the winner(s) will be able to place whatever goods they can into Target regulated trolleys. All goods must be either inside the trolley or hanging from the sides, and must not be touching the floor.
1. For electrical goods and appliances, only one (1) product per product category is permitted. No duplicates.
2. Gift cards of any kind are excluded from this promotion and cannot be grabbed.
3. Target support staff will follow the winner(s) during the shopping spree, providing additional trolleys and ensuring items placed in trolleys are valid
4. Winner(s) must wear closed toed shoes during the shopping spree and are responsible for conducting themselves in a safe manner. This includes no fast-paced sprinting and ensuring they remain safe control of their trolley.
1. Any items (store goods, fixtures or fittings within the store) that are damaged by the winner(s) due to negligent behaviour will be covered by the winner(s)
5. A verbal countdown will inform the winner(s) when the final 10 seconds are occurring. When the timer reaches zero (0), the winner(s) will be required to stop immediately. No items in their hands will counted towards the prize.
6. To enter, the Participant must:
1. Spend $20 or more in one transaction at any specialty retailer located at Somerville Central – this excludes Coles and Target.
2. Fill out the entry form located on the Somerville Central website (https://www.somervillecentral.com.au/) with their details and upload a photo of their valid receipt. Store name/number, date of transaction and amount spent must all be visible
7. For the Participant to be eligible to compete in the Competition, the Participant must enter the Competition:
1. within the Competition Period;
2. in the strict manner specified on the entry form for the Competition; and
3. by the method specified on the entry form for the Competition.
8. Multiple entries during the aforementioned competition period are permitted, however, only one (1) entry is allowed per valid receipt.
9. The Prize is not redeemable for cash or store vouchers/credits, and is subject to Target’s refund policy. No refunds can be made on items, however, exchanges may be done for items deemed similar by Target store representatives.
10. The entries will be randomly drawn by a judging committee at 9:00am on Monday, 27 February 2023. The winner will be contacted via email and/or mobile phone.
11. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. By entering into the Competition, the Participant (or its parent and guardian) is/are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of age and identity and eligibility to participate in the Competition. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
14. Prize acknowledgement must be made by the winner(s) by Wednesday, 1 March 2023.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which the Participant may have under any law (including the Australian Consumer Law) which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement (‘Your Consumer Rights’). Subject to Your Consumer Rights, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage however caused (including by negligence), suffered or incurred in connection with the Competition or any Prize. Any condition or warranty which would be implied by law into these terms and conditions is excluded.
16. As a condition of accepting a Prize, the winner (or the winner’s parent or guardian), and any other person(s) sharing the Prize with the winner, may be required to sign legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter including but not limited to a further agreement to exclude liability of the Promoter for certain loss, damage or injury arising from the use or participation in a Prize to the extent the Prize is or includes a recreational service or activity.
17. The Promoter may conduct such further draws of entries if, despite using all reasonable efforts, the original winner cannot be contacted, at the same place as the original judging as is necessary at 9:00am at Somerville Central Centre Management on Wednesday, 1 March 2023 in order to distribute any unclaimed Prize.
18. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
19. The Promoter may cancel the competition and not award the Prize(s) where circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control prevent the Promoter from providing the Prize(s). Should the Promoter cancel the Competition the Promoter will:
1. advertise that the Competition has been cancelled by placing a notice on the Competition’s website on https://www.somervillecentral.com.au/ and,
2. promptly destroy all entries received
20. All Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and the Promoter excludes all warranties in connection with any Prize to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of equal or greater value (including where the Prize is unavailable) for whatever reason, subject to approval of the gaming authorities in each State and Territory where required. The Prize and/or any element of the Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be varied by the winner. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use their Prize and/or any element of the Prize as stated.
21. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence) in connection with accepting or using a Prize or participating in this Promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for defective Prizes, lost or stolen Prizes or misuse of any Prize. All entrants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any Prize(s) or participation in this Promotion including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.