WIN IT BACK 2022 COMPETITION
Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is DeGroup of Level 12, 100 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000 (DeGroup). Contact number is (03) 5977 8179
2. Only residents of Australia aged 18 years of age or older (Participant) are eligible for the Competition.
3. The following person(s) are ineligible to enter the Competition:
a) any retailer within Somerville Central;
b) the Promoter; and
c) the Promoter’s related bodies corporate (as that expression is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), and associated agencies, companies and contractors; or
d) members of the Immediate Families of the employees referred to below.
Immediate family means any of: a spouse or domestic partner, ex- spouse or ex-domestic partner, de-facto spouse or ex-de-facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
4. The Competition commences at 8:00am on Wednesday, 15 June 2022 and closes at 5:00pm on Friday, 24 June 2022 (Competition Period). The Promoter may extend the Competition Period at its sole discretion (Extended Competition Period). Details of any Extended Competition Period will be posted on https://somervillecentral.com.au/ References in these terms and conditions to the Competition Period include any Extended Competition Period, where applicable.
5. There is one (1) prize to be won daily, resulting in a total of ten (10) prizes across the aforementioned competition period:
1. Daily prize: a purchase made at a participating store at Somerville Central, fully refunded
6. To enter, the Participant must:
1. Shop at any participating store at Somerville Central. Exclusions to the following receipts/purchases apply: ATM receipts, subscription based purchases, real estate and travel.
2. Scan the QR code on the receipt sticker provided by stores or visit the event page on the Somerville Central website
3. Upload a photo of the same-day valid receipt using the entry form section of the competition article on the Somerville Central website during the Competition Period.
7. For the Participant to be eligible to compete in the Competition, the Participant must enter the Competition:
1. within the Competition Period;
2. in the strict manner specified on the entry form for the Competition; and
3. by the method specified on the entry form for the Competition.
8. Multiple entries are permitted from a Participant each day during the Competition Period, however, each entry must be a different receipt.
9. One winner will be randomly selected each day. Each winner will be required to provide their banking details so that the funds can be directly transferred into their account of choosing.
10. The Prize is personal to the winner. It cannot be transferred, exchanged or otherwise dealt with.
11. The entries will be selected by a judging committee at 9:00am each day during the competition period to select the winners from the previous day. The winners from Saturday, 18 and Sunday, 19 June will be selected on Monday, 20 June 2022; and the winner from Friday, 24 June will be selected on Monday, 27 June at Somerville Central Centre Management. The winners will be contacted via email and/or mobile phone and will be published on the Somerville Central Facebook page as soon as they have acknowledged their prize redemption.
12. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering into the Competition, the Participant (or its parent and guardian) is/are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of age and identity and eligibility to participate in the Competition. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
15. Prizes must be collected from Somerville Central Centre Management by Friday, 15 July 2022.
16. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which the Participant may have under any law (including the Australian Consumer Law) which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement (‘Your Consumer Rights’). Subject to Your Consumer Rights, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage however caused (including by negligence), suffered or incurred in connection with the Competition or any Prize. Any condition or warranty which would be implied by law into these terms and conditions is excluded.
17. As a condition of accepting a Prize, the winner (or the winner’s parent or guardian), and any other person(s) sharing the Prize with the winner, may be required to sign legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter including but not limited to a further agreement to exclude liability of the Promoter for certain loss, damage or injury arising from the use or participation in a Prize to the extent the Prize is or includes a recreational service or activity.
18. The Promoter may conduct such further judging of entries if, despite using all reasonable efforts, the original winner cannot be contacted, at the same place as the original judging as is necessary at 9:00am at Somerville Central Centre Management on Monday, 18 July 2022 in order to distribute any unclaimed Prize.
19. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter may cancel the competition and not award the Prize(s) where circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control prevent the Promoter from providing the Prize(s). Should the Promoter cancel the Competition the Promoter will:
1. advertise that the Competition has been cancelled by placing a notice on the Competition’s website on https://somervillecentral.com.au/ and,
2. promptly destroy all entries received
21. All Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and the Promoter excludes all warranties in connection with any Prize to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of equal or greater value (including where the Prize is unavailable) for whatever reason, subject to approval of the gaming authorities in each State and Territory where required. The Prize and/or any element of the Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be varied by the winner. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use their Prize and/or any element of the Prize as stated.
22. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence) in connection with accepting or using a Prize or participating in this Promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for defective Prizes, lost or stolen Prizes or misuse of any Prize. All entrants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any Prize(s) or participation in this Promotion including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.